We integrate leading-edge intelligence gathering with sophisticated analysis to provide the guidance clients need to move their business forward in high-risk regions.
We work with companies and their advisors to help them:
- Assess and act on opportunities. We assist clients in formulating their strategies for entering or succeeding in a market. We help them consider the best environment for their business; map out their options for securing appropriate partners, evaluate the suitability of partnerships, identify and facilitate channels to effective relationships, and plan for political contingencies.
- Conduct timely and rigorous due diligence. We address concerns beneath the surface and behind the numbers. We go beyond what is commonly available and ask the tough questions to uncover important issues that, if left unanswered, could lead to serious financial, reputation, and regulatory risk. Our work provides an extra level of comfort in places where information is not readily available and off-the-shelf reports are insufficient. Clients who require customized, discreet, and thoughtful due diligence turn to Veracity to meet their needs in high-risk markets.
- Resolve blockages or conflicts. We advise clients on a range of issues that can affect the outcome of their investment or their ability to do business. We provide analysis and guidance to help level the playing field where there is a lack of transparency, and establish relationships that contribute to long term success. We help clients advance their business by identifying options for acting on an opportunity, by resolving political, commercial, and partner-related blockages, and by mitigating adverse conditions.
- Make more informed and nuanced decisions. We conduct our information gathering directly through Veracity employees who are on the ground and in touch with local environments, providing clients with more detailed, accurate, and reliable information. Our granular understanding of business practices in a wide range of countries provides an additional and important dimension to decision making. We don’t simply dump information on clients without providing appropriate nuance and context that enable clients to understand implications and outlooks as well as facts.
- Evaluate corruption allegations. We comprehensively review instances of fraud, malpractice, corruption, kickbacks, and secret commissions. We are especially attuned to requirements of the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the UK Bribery Act and often support our clients’ legal counsel by covering the “last mile” of information gathering and analysis.
- Ensure full compliance with anti-corruption regulation. Veracity designs and manages anti-corruption programs for clients in high-risk areas and proactively vets third parties and agents to facilitate compliance with US, UK, and OECD anti-corruption regulations.
- Monitor and assess the impact key political developments. We provide regular risk monitoring and insight on specific regions, sectors, and projects. Our tailored intelligence collection and analysis focuses on national political stability, leadership and succession issues, security concerns, and local political dynamics and provides clients with an understanding of critical developments and their implications, as well as a clear view of decision-making options.
- Advance litigation efforts. We provide focused intelligence collection and analysis to address specific legal challenges and to conduct asset tracing and the unraveling of beneficial ownership structures.